Attention young adults and youth workers! The Aurora Corps is hiring a Family Outreach and Ministry Worker. Check it out, and if you’re interested in applying, follow the link at the bottom for more information on how to do that.
POSITION TITLE: Family Outreach & Ministry Worker / Bookkeeper
This position’s dual responsibilities will lie within the ministry realm of development, implementation and bridging of typical corps activities/participants with participants of social services and community programming/contacts-and to balance that with basic bookkeeping activity working with our DHQ accounting dept.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Family Outreach & Ministry
- Develop and work, in conjunction with other Corps Youth and Family Ministry leaders, to provide leadership and direction for corps youth activities.
- Responsible to maintain an atmosphere where opportunities for evangelism, spiritual growth and development occur for participants.
- Plan, direct and supervise youth and family events/programs.
- Implement activities that will promote fellowship, fun, spiritual growth and interaction in a Christian atmosphere between corps members and social service/community participants.
- In conjunction with Corps Officers, ensure that strategy exists to recruit, train, evaluate and encourage teachers and volunteers for youth and family corps program leadership positions.
- As a part of the ministry team, provide leadership in:
- Development and implementation strategies for reaching out to unsaved/unchurched families within the corps service area (i.e. evangelistic campaigns, festivals, outreach events, etc).
- Development and implementation of Community Care Ministry programming and events (i.e. nursing home visitation, healthcare community fairs, back-to-school celebrations, seasonal and year-round efforts, etc.).
- Development and leadership of music programming.
- Attend designated Corps meetings; which include Sunday services, midweek services, special corps events and youth events on a regular basis/as assigned.
- Maintain clear constant communication with corps members/program participants via newsletters, bulletins, informational flyers, calendar postings, phone calls, emails, social media, etc.
- Manage statistical information and prepare all reporting required by the Corps and Division.
- Assist with transportation to and from regular programming for corps members/program participant, as needed.
- Assist Corps Officers during fundraising efforts
- The bookkeeping responsibilities include processing of invoices, bank deposits, credit card processing, processing donor letters, bank statements, daily reports as requested by the finance department.
- Christmas Payroll for Seasonal Employees, and tracking kettle income.
- All other duties as assigned.