We are pleased to share that applications are now available for Summer Mission Team 2016! SMT is a leadership development program which invites young people into a deeper relationship with the Lord through participation in an eight-week team missions experience.
Please see below for more information, including qualifications, requirements and deadlines.
- SMT is available to applicants ages 18-28. Applicants must be 18 by June 13, 2016
- All applications will be completed online
- In addition to the online application, applicants must distribute the following endorsement/recommendation forms, available on the application website (as pdfs or electronic/online forms):
- Corps Officer Endorsement
- DYS Endorsement & DC (or Divisional Representative) Endorsement
- Recommendation #1 – completed by a Teacher or Employer
- Recommendation #2 – completed by a Spiritual Mentor
- Recommendation #3 – completed by an adult non-relative who can comment on the applicant’s character, spiritual life and work ethic.
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to distribute endorsement/recommendation forms and follow up with the World Missions Department to make sure all application materials have been received by the February 17, 2016 deadline.
- This year we will have 5 Summer Mission Teams – 3 overseas teams, 1 Central Territory Team, and 1 CAST (Creative Arts Service Team). CAST will be organized in cooperation with the Territorial Music & Gospel Arts Department.
- All applicants will complete the same application, but those interested in CAST will be required to submit additional application materials and a video audition at a later date.
- The deadline for all application materials is February 17, 2016.