The College For Officer Training is looking to hire a new Middle School Co-Teacher and Youth Group Leader! Check out the details below. To apply, head to their website, select “Chicago, IL” under “Search by City/State”, and hit search. It should be the first job to pop up.
Description and Key Duties
This individual will provide age-appropriate after-school care and activities, as well as weekly teen group activities on a weekend night, for middle school children at the College for Officer’s Training.
Some essential functions:
- Prepare necessary educational and recreational activity materials for weekly lesson plans
- Enhance their knowledge of child/teen development and behavior through attendance at in-service training, staff orientation, and other opportunities as they present.
- Assist students with homework assignments, as needed, on a daily basis.
- Maintain good conduct among the students, both inside the classroom and on field trips, placing a priority on safety. Good social skills and respect for equipment should be instilled and developed in the students.
- Communicate openly with the Director in regards to issues of discipline, students’ personal needs, health, and any other areas of concern.
- Plan Teen Group activities for a weekly meeting that will include devotions and activities. The activities could include a variety of service projects, fun outings, educational trips, sports, etc.
- Transport students to school and activities as needed.
Required Experience and Education
Education – High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience – One year experience working with pre-teens and teens.
Skills – Have completed or complete a course in Safe From Harm.
Have/obtain an approved driver MVR for Salvation Army vehicles, as well as a valid Sate of Illinois driver’s license.
Have/ obtain CPR training and basic first aid certification.
The Salvation Army is a faith based non-profit organization that has been providing social and spiritual services to communities around the world since 1886.
This position is located at our College For Officer’s Training in Chicago Illinois. It is located in Wrigleyville.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)