The World Missions Department is pleased to share that the applications for Summer Mission Team (SMT) 2017 are now available.
- SMT is a leadership development program which invites young people into a deeper relationship with the Lord through participation in a seven-week team missions experience.
- SMT is available to applicants ages 18-28. Applicants must be 18 by June 12, 2017.
- All applications and endorsements/recommendations will be completed online this year at centralmissions.org/smt2017. A completed application will include:
- Online application
- Corps Officer Endorsement
- DYS Endorsement & DC (or Divisional Representative) Endorsement
- Recommendation #1 – completed by a Teacher or Employer
- Recommendation #2 – completed by a Spiritual Mentor
- Recommendation #3 – completed by an adult non-relative who can comment on the applicant’s character, spiritual life and work ethic.
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to distribute endorsement/recommendation forms and follow up with the World Missions Department to make sure all application materials have been received by the February 22, 2017 deadline.
- The SMT announcement will be made by Friday, March 3. Team members will need to report for SMT March orientation at THQ in Hoffman Estates from March 17-19.