Hey friends! Applications for the Metro Leadership Scholarship are now available! To apply, click here, and to read about the scholarship read below:
This program is designed to provide educational funds for Salvation Army soldiers of the Metropolitan Division. Scholarships are available for studies of all undergraduate work, and master’s level graduate work. Scholarships will be awarded by the Metropolitan Scholarship Committee by September 2018.
Applications are DUE by Friday, July 6, 2018! Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Funds for the Metropolitan College Scholarship program will come from earnings of the Stubblefield Endowment. Scholarships will not be paid from the principle; therefore the number of grants given will depend upon the earnings available each year.
Individuals may apply for scholarships in subsequent years, but awards are not guaranteed. No scholarships are made retroactive for past schooling expenses. Funds are limited, and priority will be given to those earning their first degree. Individuals may receive scholarship funding of up to $10,000 for college. No scholarships will be granted in excess of $10,000 cumulative.
- Applications are submitted to the Youth Department and considered by the Scholarship Committee. Applications will not be accepted after Friday, July 6, 2018.
- The Metropolitan Scholarship Committee reviews all applications & recommends the awards.
- The Divisional Finance Board approves all scholarship applications & authorizes funding.
- Scholarship funds are paid to each recipient in September 2018.
Please review the following eligibility and applications requirements:
- Be a soldier of a Metropolitan Corps
- Be an actively involved in Corps and/or community leadership or volunteer service.
- Be a full time undergraduate/graduate student at an accredited college/university (details above)
- Maintain a minimum undergraduate (C=) 2.5 GPA or a minimum graduate (B) 3.0 GPA in order to be considered for subsequent scholarship awards.
Please submit the following to ensure that your applications is reviewed:
- Leadership Scholarship Application
- 3 reference forms
- 250-500 word essay
- Grade Transcript
- Proof of registration (examples: Acceptance Letter, copy of fall class schedule)