Metro Leadership Scholarship
This program is designed to provide educational funds for Salvation Army soldiers of the Metropolitan Division. Scholarships are available for studies of all undergraduate work, and master’s level graduate work.
- Be a soldier of a Metropolitan Corps.
- Be an actively involved in Corps and/or community leadership or volunteer service.
- Be a full time undergraduate/graduate student at an accredited college/university (details above).
- Maintain a minimum undergraduate (C+) 2.5 G.P.A. or a minimum graduate (B) 3.0 G.P.A. in order to be considered for subsequent scholarship awards.
Applications were due by Friday, July 6, 2018. Applications will not be accepted after this date. We will post a link to the online application in the Spring of 2019.
Metro Medical Scholarship
This program is designed to provide educational funds for Salvation Army soldiers of the Metropolitan Division who are involved in an accredited college medical program. Scholarships are available for studies of all undergraduate and master’s level graduate medical studies. Applicants must meet the following requirements as well:
Be a soldier of a Metropolitan Corps
Be an actively involved in Corps and/or community leadership or volunteer service.
Be a full time undergraduate/graduate student at an accredited college/university (details above)
Be actively pursuing a degree related to the medical field.
Territorial Graduate Corps Cadet Scholarship
The Graduate Corps Cadet Post-High School Education Scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to graduate corps cadets who desire to enroll in an accredited program of Post-High school education. This could be a four year college, junior college, technical school, trade school, etc.
This scholarship is designed to be an incentive for students to engage and complete the corps cadet program. By completing the full course, leaders will have additional time for discipling and equipping young people in their leadership skills and Bible knowledge. We hope this encourages all interested young people to participate in this excellent discipleship program.
Applications are only available online until August 15th for each academic year. Paper copies and late applications will not be accepted. Click here to review (and fill out) the application.
Territorial Student Loan Program
The Student Loan Fund has been established to provide financial assistance to young Salvationist students who desire to enroll in a program of post-high school education. To be eligible you must:
- Be a soldier in good standing of the Central Territory; AND
- Be under age 29 and have a demonstrated financial need; AND
- Be currently enrolled, or planning to enroll for the next school year, in one of the following:
- Studies above the high school level for which credits are given towards a college degree and for which credits are transferable to an accredited school of higher learning
- Bible college
- Post-graduate courses
- Specialized studies offered by an accredited, recognized professional agency and/or authorized by the appropriate state
- Courses of a post-high school nature which are designed to help physically- and/or mentally-challenged children toward a vocation, offered by an accredited, recognized professional agency and/or authorized by the appropriate state; AND
- Be a citizen of the United States, or hold a valid Alien Registration Card (“green card”) ; AND
- Maintain a “C” average (2.0 on a 4 point scale) or better.
To learn more, and to apply, click here.